Right now, you get 60% of your net sales. We take the remaining 40%, and use it to pay for:
- Transaction costs
- Storylark hosting
- Storylark improvement and new features
- Feeding Storylark the daily standard 1 kilogram of bird seed, 2 servings of vitamin water, and 3 servings of chopped brontosaur meat (don't ask)
Tax is, unfortunately, a separate thing to deal with. We'll have to charge the standard VAT rate (12% of the value of the product); but we'll handle passing that to the government for you. Customers will be shown the total price for a comic with VAT already included. You'll be able to see a nice, clean breakdown of everything in your control panel, when you set the price for comics.
To recap, this is how it all breaks down:
First, you have the full price paid by the customer.
This full price breaks down into the base product price, and the VAT (12% of the base product price).
The base product price is then broken down into 60%, which goes to you, and 40%, which goes to Storylark.